Founded in 1966, Brunel is a leading technology university renowned for its education and research and its spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. It is based on a single leafy campus with outstanding sports facilities, easy access to central London and a friendly, vibrant and strikingly international community. Our education is designed to equip students with the academic knowledge and personal skills they need to forge successful and rewarding careers. Our academics are leaders in their field and combine rigorous academic study with opportunities to apply your knowledge to real-world issues. We encourage all our students to undertake professional practice during their studies to explore areas of special interest through project work.
Our vision for Brunel University London 2030
We will strengthen our position as a leading multidisciplinary research-intensive technology university delivering economic, social and cultural benefit. Excellence, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit will be at the heart of everything we do.
- True to the words of our Royal Charter, we will continue to lead and innovate with new models of research, education and knowledge transfer, placing the needs of society at the heart of our academic activity
- We will build on our heritage of working closely with businesses, governments and the not-for-profit sector to fulfil our mission
- We will establish strategic partnerships and commercial ventures to strengthen our position and support the University’s long-term sustainability
- We will be at the pinnacle of technology universities in the UK and firmly established in the top tier internationally of this special group of institutions
- Our success will be a tribute to our students and staff, who will share this vision and work as one to achieve it
To bring benefit to society through excellence in education, research and knowledge transfer.
Our world-leading research will focus on those areas in which we can integrate academic rigour with the needs of governments, industry and the not-for-profit sector, delivering creative solutions to global challenges and bringing economic, social and cultural benefit.
We will strengthen our research culture, seeking to attract, develop and retain exceptional academic staff and forge long-lasting partnerships in the UK and internationally to accelerate the impact of our research on the people, societies and economies that will benefit the most.
Our Research Institutes and Research Centres will pioneer world-leading research inspired by an ambition to address society’s most pressing challenges, in collaboration with partners from across the globe.