Groupe Renault is at the forefront of a mobility that is reinventing itself. Strengthened by its alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, and its unique expertise in electrification, the Group comprises 5 complementary brands – Renault, Dacia, LADA, Alpine and Mobilize – offering sustainable and innovative mobility solutions to its customers.
OUR INNOVATION PRIORITIES
By 2022, all Groupe Renault vehicles will be connected on the key markets, and 15 models will offer varying degrees of autonomy. The Group will also become suppliers of mobility solutions for one and all.
Groupe Renault is working on four major areas of innovation in order to develop the mobility of the future. These strategic areas, which are critical in order to revolutionize the industry, are as follows:
- electric mobility,
- connected mobility,
- autonomous mobility and,
- developing new mobility services.
To innovate, develop and test these technologies and services better, Groupe Renault relies on Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi synergies and seeks outside talents, as well.
Groupe Renault’s work across the public sector to learn and engage with cities about future vision, its leadership position for electric vehicles in Europe, and its commitment to continuing to invest in innovative new technologies and services, help us smart cities.
In many cases, these solutions rely on new technologies, leading to the creation of what are known as “smart cities”. Connected technologies, smart, open data, the Internet of Things, smart grids, new materials and clean energy can thus be used to build and invent a positive future.
SIX CRITERIA DISTINGUISH A SMART CITY:
According to Rudolf Giffinger, an expert in the analytical research of urban and regional development at the Vienna University of Technology, these six criteria are:
- A smart economy: productivity and wealth creation are improved thanks to a flexible and innovative ecosystem
- Sustainable governance, with more integration of social and state services
- Smart housing, which guarantees quality of life for citizens with the support of new technologies designed to reduce their environmental footprint
- The green citizen: the objective is to create a cosmopolitan social and cultural capital in order to stimulate creativity and public participation in the life of the city
- A sustainable environment, which emphasises the protection of natural habitats and the reduction of pollution
- Smart mobility, which promotes new opportunities for development, by offering a more efficient, green, accessible and affordable mobility
CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMART CITIES
Groupe Renault is working with public sector stakeholders to learn about and discuss their vision of the future of the city. As Europe’s leader in electric vehicles, and with its commitment to continue to invest in innovative technologies, Groupe Renault is making its contribution to the development of smart cities.
The re-invention of the cities and major metropolises as smart cities rests, according to the Netexplo Observatory, on six pillars: mobility, economy, habitat, governance, citizens and environment/energy.
GROUPE RENAULT IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THREE OF THESE:
- Habitat, via its domestic energy storage solutions
- Environment/energy, via smart grids
- Mobility, via its current offers and the vision revealed by its concept driverless vehicles, the EZ-GO, EZ-PRO and EZ-ULTIMO
In the near future, it is possible to imagine these three pillars merging to create a new urban ecosystem, in which shared mobility solutions will be integrated with the buildings.
Groupe Renault is convinced that the future will allow the car and all of the new uses – in terms of mobility and of consumption in general – to live side by side in harmony, in more peaceful, interconnected spaces.
13-15 Quai Le Gallo