We Care 4 Air’s Managing Director, Vanessa Ambler, has spent the past 6 months studying Smart Cities with Innovate UK and a group of entrepreneurs developing products and services that are all geared towards achieving Net Zero.
Vanessa’s presentation at EMISSIONS & AIR QUALITY Smart Class 2023 opened our eyes to unique Smart City approaches that would be unheard of in the UK, and to some of the daunting air quality challenges across South East and East Asia. She provided fascinating insights into the Smart Cities they visited in South Korea, the associated pros and cons, and the innovations being brought back to the UK as a result of their findings.
Colleagues, Kathy Sutton and Alex Sugden provided additional input during WeCare 4 Air’s hosted roundtable discussions.
- Innovate UK – Scale-Up and Smart City Cohort;
- What is a Smart City?
- Case Study: Eco Delta Smart Village, Busan;
- Route to Net Zero – Reduced emissions, Constant Monitoring, Stimulating Thought Processes, Reinforcing Positive Habits, Safety and Security;
- Surveillance Capitalism?
- The Human Factor – Monitoring, Surveys, Education & Behaviour Change;
- Understanding, Behaviour & Change – University of Essex Dept of Psychology & Life Sciences; behaviour change requirements & methods; writing survey & undertaking with WC4A; assessing data (AQ and survey); anti-idling campaigns; summary of findings;
- Smart City Innovations and Pilot Project;
- Urban Challenges – Climate Change, Urban Population and Air Pollution: Over 30% of urban traffic is logistics based; 36% increase in vehicles by 2030; 30% increase in CO2;
- Zero Emission Delivery Zones with streetdock – Fast deployment, highly scalable, flexible system; Benefitting safer more liveable cities, designed for testbed pilot projects and helping achieve net zero commitments;
- Cabinet Innovations – Air Flow, Heat Reduction, Security, Sustainable Materials, IoT sensors;
- Innovation Partnerships
If you meet our regular delegate qualification criteria but were unable to join us at Greencoat Place Conference Centre, London, for the live in-person event on April 26th, CLICK HERE and complete the short “Download form” (located at the bottom of the post) to receive a unique link enabling free access to the presentation video recordings and slides (including the film footage and slides from Vanessa’s initial presentation).
Those qualifying to receive the rich presentation content from this event include commissioning, procurement, trialling, partnering and policy leads, senior influencers, strategic decision makers, environmental managers, programme managers and planners from local authorities (e.g. city, borough, metropolitan, district and county councils); public and private transport operators/service providers; sub-regional transport bodies, combined authorities, integrated transport authorities and passenger transport executives; freight and logistics operators; airports and port operators; vehicle manufacturers; energy providers; potential partners from industry (e.g. retail, construction, manufacturing and waste management sectors) and healthcare; DfT, Defra, EA, BEIS, DHSC and supporting national agencies; prime contractors etc.