Back in December we hosted TRANSPORT Smart Class, South West England & Wales 2018 at the Radisson Blu Bristol. Here’s what some of the stakeholders in attendance had to say:
“The presentations were all relevant to CCRCD future proposals and the roundtables were all very useful” – Project Development Officer, Cardiff Capital Region City Deal • “Very well organised” – Super Connected Cardiff Project Team, City of Cardiff Council • “Excellent opportunity to meet peers interested and experienced in similar subject areas. Good format with roundtables” – Director Transport Planning, SYSTRA • “Really interesting presentations and also very much enjoyed the tour of the control centre (Bristol’s Smart Operations Centre). Certainly interested in future Smart Classes” • Principal Telematics Engineer, Swansea Council • “Great job hosting the smart class yesterday, it was very insightful and I really enjoyed the other speakers there” – Community Manager, Faxi (Innovation Sponsor) • “It was a pleasure to take part” – Director of Programmes, BetterPoints (Innovation Sponsor) • “Great Transport Smart Class! Really interesting talks and a really productive day!” – Head of Partnerships, Cube Intelligence (Innovation Sponsor)
For those of you who missed any of the “TSC South West England & Wales Retrospectives” that we’ve released over the last few months, here’s another chance to gain valuable insights from our Innovation Sponsors (Imperial, Videalert, Cube Intelligence, Faxi and BetterPoints) and Keynote Supporter (Bristol is Open). Click on the presentation title of your choice to access the associated slides (corresponds to order of delivery on the day):
- “Open Passenger Data and Smart City Mobility”
- “How to Effectively Manage and Enforce Clean Air and Low Emission Zones”
- “The Future of Incentivised Mobility – How to Incentivise Smart City Initiatives through Tokenised Reward Structures”
- “The Intelligent Commuter Transport Network”
- “The Evolution of Digital Interventions for Travel Behaviour Change”
Delegates at this edition were also treated by Bristol City Council to a post-Smart Class tour of their ‘State of the Art’ SMART City Operations Centre which (as a major driver behind Bristol’s ascent to smartest UK city) brings together and integrates the council’s Emergency Control Centre, Traffic Control Centre and Community Safety (CCTV) Control Rooms with other citizen service providers!
Check out the Transport Smart Classes we have scheduled over the next 12 months for smart aspiring city-regions of the UK:
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, Midlands 2019 – Fazeley Studios, Birmingham, 12th February 2019
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, North of England 2019 – Open Data Institute Leeds, 20th June 2019
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, Scotland 2019 – The V&A Dundee, 12th September 2019
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, London & South East England 2019 – Browns Courtrooms (Covent Garden), London, 9th October 2019
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, South West England 2019 – Bristol, 4th December 2019.
• TRANSPORT Smart Class, Wales 2020 – Cardiff, 30th January 2020
Transport Smart Classes show key buyer side stakeholders how they can deploy the latest digital technology-enabled solutions, data-driven strategies and best practices to tackle their transport sector challenges (e.g. around congestion, traffic flows, air pollution and emissions, noise, first and last mile mobility, customer experience, cost effectiveness, connecting transport networks, managing and maintaining assets & infrastructure) and deliver a transport system that will allow passengers to travel efficiently, safely and with minimal impact on the environment. Qualifying delegates include commissioning, procurement, trialling and partnering leads, senior influencers and strategic decision makers from progressive city, borough, district and county councils; public and private transport operators/service providers; sub-regional transport bodies, combined authorities, integrated transport authorities and passenger transport executives; DfT and supporting national transport agencies; fleet operators and vehicle manufacturers; prime contractors etc. Core themes range from on-demand transport and MaaS applications, predictive traffic management, smart parking and enforcing CAZs and LEZs, to analysing people movements, new ways of visualising data, connected and autonomous vehicles, intelligent street lighting, real-time transport modelling, and smart ticketing and fare collection. If you’d like to secure a free delegate place at one of the editions above (subject to satisfying our registration criteria) please complete the registration form at the bottom of the appropriate event page.
If you’re a Smart Transport innovator, or if your company sources or advises on digital technology-enabled solutions and best practices that play a key role in helping buyer side stakeholders across UK city-regions to address their transport and mobility challenges, please ask about our Transport Smart Class sponsorship packages, which enable your speaker to deliver a unique thought leadership presentation and your team of experts to host a series of deeper-dive roundtable consultations with the delegates: email@example.com
If your ‘smart’ requirements are better suited to another essential sector, please consider:
• EMISSIONS & AIR QUALITY Smart Class 2019 – Browns Courtrooms (Covent Garden), London, 9th October 2019
• WASTE MANAGEMENT Smart Class 2019 – Browns Courtrooms (Covent Garden), London, 10th July 2019
• WATER MANAGEMENT Smart Class 2019 – Leeds, 14th November 2019
• ENERGY Smart Class – 2020 Date/Location TBC
• HEALTH & ASSISTED LIVING Smart Classes – 2020 Dates/Locations TBC