Smart Classes Sponsorship Opportunities
About Smart Classes
Smart Classes are half-day, knowledge exchange and lead generation events, offering strictly buyer side stakeholders the opportunity to find out exactly how they can deploy the latest digital technology-enabled solutions, data-driven strategies and best practices to tackle the challenges faced by aspiring smart cities, regions, communities and essential services providers.
Our tried-and-tested format is built around thought-leadership presentations from innovators, in-depth roundtable discussions hosted by the innovator’s teams of experts, and insightful keynotes delivered by inspirational role models. There are further networking opportunities over breakfast, lunch and drinks and we create a warm event environment (often at characterful, out-of-the-box venues) to keep our carefully curated audiences fully engaged. Smart Classes ensure that technology disruptors really can inform, consult and collaborate with the city-regions and key sector leads.
Click here to discover the “Market context” of Smart Classes and peruse summary descriptions of our TRANSPORT, EMISSIONS & AIR QUALITY, WASTE MANAGEMENT, PUBLIC REALM & URBAN SPACES, ENERGY, WATER MANAGEMENT and HEALTH & ASSISTED LIVING editions.
Smart Class Innovation Sponsorship Packages
We’re able to accommodate up to 5 innovators/vendors at each Smart Class in an “Innovation Sponsor” capacity. This opportunity also applies to companies who source or advise on digital technology-enabled solutions, data-driven strategies or best practices that can play a key role in helping our buyer-side delegates address their transport and mobility, emissions and air quality, waste management, public realm, energy, water management or healthcare challenges. As a partner expert, innovation sponsorship includes:
- Exclusive representation of a priority topic/field of digital innovation or application;
- Speaking opportunity – Initial 15 minute ‘thought leadership’ focused presentation delivered by your designated speaker NB. You’re welcome (optional) to involve a customer or partner as a co-speaker to help demonstrate a case study, pilot project or successful collaboration;
- Deeper dive, roundtable sessions hosted by up to 3 representatives from each innovation sponsor with all the key stakeholder delegates in attendance – Your team of experts spend at least 20 minutes on each table of delegates (usually up to 10 delegates per table x 4 or 5 tables), so up to 100 minutes of quality dedicated roundtable consultations;
- Further networking opportunities over breakfast (30 minutes), lunch (60 minutes) and during drinks break;
- Distribute marketing materials and content collateral (e.g. white-papers, case studies etc) to all attendees on-site;
- Full contact details of delegates (including names, companies, job titles and email addresses) provided immediately after the event;
- Links and logo placement throughout our website and on-screen at the event;
- Promotion across Smart Classes’ social media channels;
- Expert blog feature or article contribution to the Smart Classes’ knowledge base;
- Opportunity to invite appropriate guests and priority targets to attend the Smart Class (you can also submit a ‘wish list’ which we can add to our delegate outreach);
- NEW rich media benefits – Whilst government restrictions have capped the number of participants permitted to attend face-to-face/physical format events at Covid-Secure venues, we’ve commissioned a professional film maker to record and video each speaker’s presentation. This has enabled those registrants who ended up on our waiting list (after we reached capacity) to view presentations post-event. Additional pre-qualified influencers and decision makers (likewise from strictly buyer side stakeholders satisfying our usual delegate qualification criteria) have also been able to register for access to this protected rich content and each innovation sponsor has been provided with a branded copy of their presentation video along with full permissions to use in their own marketing and social media activities. These new benefits are being retained for 2021 sponsorship packages, even after we’re permitted to return to regular delegate numbers for our live/f2f Smart Classes!
- Post-event exposure and lead generation
- Within 24 hours of each Smart Class sponsored, we’ll give you access to the event “Photo Album” (featuring pics of your speaker and your roundtable sessions) which you’re welcome to use on your own website and in your own social media activities;
- We’ll also give each delegate from the day access to your presentation recording, video highlights and slides to reacquaint them with your presentation content, your speaker and your team of experts;
- This rich media content will also be highlighted in our post-event e-mails and made available to qualifying buyer side stakeholders from the wider Smart Classes community via our series of individual post-event “Retrospective” releases (culminating in a final “Retrospectives Round-Up”), promoted on smartclasses.co and across our social media channels;
- In addition to receiving the live event delegate leads, you’ll also be provided with full contact details of the registrants from our delegate waiting list and of all the extra stakeholders registering for/given access to the protected rich presentation content up to 6 weeks after the Smart Class;
- Those stakeholders viewing this rich content post-event are also advised that our innovation sponsors may offer them a follow up consultation opportunity with their experts.
Despite the recent addition of exciting new rich media benefits, £6,950 remains our regular rate for a Smart Class innovation sponsorship slot (unchanged for the 4th year running!). Furthermore, we’re currently offering a number of generous discounts off this pricing e.g. for “Early Bird” bookings, “Series” sponsorship commitments, start-up innovators and social enterprises or innovators able to represent certain “high priority” topics in their presentations and roundtable sessions.
As indicated, sponsorship slots are strictly limited to a maximum of 5 per Smart Class and allocated on a first to confirm basis, so don’t miss out! If you believe an Innovation Sponsorship Package with Smart Classes could form a valuable part of your 2021 events media plan, please let us know which Smart Classes from our schedule are of particular interest and which specific topics or areas of innovation/application your speakers and experts might like to represent in their presentations and roundtable sessions. We can then let you know whether you qualify for a concessionary rate, confirm next steps and deliverables, and provide you with any further information required to help you to reach a final decision (e.g. testimonials; examples of stakeholders represented amongst the delegates at our previous editions; examples of previous presentation topics; timings on the day; confirmed or likely keynote speakers etc).
We would also be delighted to schedule a call to discuss these opportunities further, address any questions you might have and share thoughts on potential presentation topics/angles. If you’d like to have a chat, please confirm a convenient time/appropriate number and we’ll phone you directly or set up a Zoom meeting. Drop us an e-mail or feel free to reach out on the number below!
Stay Safe, Feel Safe: On 13th October 2020 Smart Classes became one of the first conference organisers in the UK to successfully resume the hosting of face-to-face (physical format) business meetings and events in a Covid-Secure environment, fully compliant with current or evolving Government regulations. As reflected in some of the delegate feedback on our Testimonials page, we were widely praised for delivering a safe and high quality experience for all stakeholders. Following a full site inspection, we ensured that our venue strictly followed official health guidelines and implemented a comprehensive range of safety precautions, including: temperature checks for all participants on arrival; extra sanitiser dispensers on tables and throughout the building; enhanced cleaning schedules with extra staff constantly disinfecting high volume areas; multiple laminated posters in place in all public areas emphasising the importance of personal hygiene and hand-washing; QR code posters for visitors to scan using the NHS track and trace app; public areas marked to assist with adherence to social distancing regulations; venue staff with access to PPE and fully trained on revised health and safety measures; larger tables to accommodate socially distanced delegates etc. With regards to catering, personalised table service replaced self-service and, to ensure engaging stress free roundtable sessions and networking, we provided full face eye cover visor shields to everybody involved! Each of our 2021 Smart Class venues will similarly be required to operate an event compliant ‘Covid-Secure Standards Charter’.
NB. If any Smart Classes in your sponsorship commitment have to be rescheduled (e.g. due to a national or localised lockdown at the time of the event) your booking for the affected edition/s will be transferred to the revised date once we’ve ensured that the revised date works for you and for our other sponsors. So we guarantee that you’ll be consulted and included in the decision process before any new dates are fixed in stone to avoid clashes with other commitments you might have (holidays and other industry events, for example).
+44 (0) 1462 743 731
Sponsor Testimonials & Feedback
“Very well organised and delighted with the feedback from such an attentive and informed audience. A great format and a pleasure to meet the delegates and discuss some of their own smart city challenges”
Managing Director, Imperial Civil Enforcement Solutions
“Great event and superb networking opportunity”
Strategy and Business Development, Transformation and Bid Management, Imperial Civil Enforcement Solutions
“We’re still getting approaches from attendees of the event. You managed to find a really engaged audience. Hats off to you!”
“The event was a great opportunity to meet our targets”
Market Acquisition Manager, Padam Mobility
“An enjoyable event and we had several very interesting discussions. It sounds like we might get some concrete outcomes in the near future”
Urban Big Data Centre/University of Glasgow
“Thanks once again for the event – it was very well run and we got a lot from it”
UK Operations Director, Ofo
“An excellent format to engage with innovative companies and delegates. The roundtables in particular were really useful”
Managing Director, DriveNow UK
“Great job hosting the smart class yesterday, it was very insightful and I really enjoyed the other speakers there”
Community Manager, Faxi
“It was a pleasure to take part”
Director of Programmes, BetterPoints
“Great Transport Smart Class! Really interesting talks and a really productive day!”
Head of Partnerships, Cube Intelligence
“Had some really useful conversations, which have already resulted in what looks like some potentially collaborative work”
Project Coordinator, Living Streets
“Thanks very much, a very well organised event”
Project Manager South West & Wales, Living Streets
“Delighted to be part of it; interesting presentations by all, and very useful roundtable discussions in the smart classes format”
Transport Lead, ODI Birmingham
“Thanks for another great event today!”
“Thank you Smart Classes for inviting me to speak at the event! It was great to hear and discuss the challenges transport authorities and local authorities face when designing frictionless and inclusive transport systems. A very engaging crowd!”
Founder & CEO, CityMaaS
“Thanks for running a great event…a pleasure working with you across the last year”
Head of Marketing, Clearview Intelligence
“Excellent event today guys. I look forward to working with you again”
Managing Director, Vortex IoT
“Great day and, as always, lively debate. Thought provoking presentations and roundtable discussions!”
Managing Director, Imperial
“Great morning, thoroughly enjoyed the debate on how existing technologies are supporting the challenge of delivering clean air zones”
Strategy and Business Development, Transformation and Bid Management, Imperial
“Some extremely interesting conversations surrounding transport challenges…Many thanks for hosting this excellent event”
Business Development Manager, North Region, Videalert
“It was a great event, very informative and engaging. Wonderful venue too!”
COO, Finance and Product Director, Vortex IoT
“Many thanks, really enjoyed the session and looking forward to the next one”
Head of Sales, Vortex IoT
“A good opportunity for us to present to industry movers, shapers and disruptors. Interesting discussions around how the latest digital technology enabled solutions can tackle challenges within the transport sector”
Managing Director, Vortex IoT
“It was a pleasure to be part of the Smart Class today together with TfL, Transport for the South East, MK Council and the other innovators! Format works so well”
CEO & Founder, CityMaaS
“It was a pleasure to speak at the Transport Smart Class in Bristol today about the importance of passenger data in MaaS”
Founder & CEO, UrbanThings
“We look forward to being involved again in the future”
Head of Marketing, UrbanThings
“Yesterday we saw our CEO & Founder speaking at our very first physical event since lockdown restrictions. We are so thrilled to have been a part of one of the first Covid-secure transport events! Thank you…really enjoyed being part of it”
Head of Marketing, Pavegen
“Great organisation with PPE”
Co-Founder & CEO, CityMaaS
“Well done on a super job and a refreshing format for the event. It was a pleasure to be involved, hear and discuss some great presentations”
Software Business Development Manager, Yotta
“Wednesday was fantastic, we had a great time and met some great people!”
Founder & CEO, Dsposal
“It has been a pleasure participating in the Waste Management Smart Class, and I would like to thank you for the efforts you put into the event, which was very interesting and insightful”
Head of Product and Marketing, IntechnologyWiFi
“The event was very well executed”
CTO & Co-Founder, CryptoCycle
“It was a very good event and hopefully the first of many Smart Classes for Tiptapp”
London Launch Manager, Tiptapp
“Big congratulations to all involved in organising Waste Management Smart Class 2019. We were delighted to be able to share our insights and experiences of ‘Transforming Waste to Opportunity’”
“We were delighted with the very polished experience. It brought together an excellent array of delegates in the energy sector and we found the roundtable format a fantastic way to ensure that we were able to meet more attendees than at a standard conference”
Policy and Public Affairs Officer, Smart Energy GB
“Very interesting range of delegates and the roundtable discussion format enabled some really useful and thought-provoking discussions, as well as excellent networking”
Senior Manager, Cities & Regions, The Carbon Trust
Innovator Directory Packages
Our Innovator Directory is a dedicated area on the Smart Classes website to inspire key stakeholders towards realising the ‘Smart Vision’ of their city, region, communities, public services or critical infrastructure operations. You can peruse profiles, source solutions and use cases, identify key contacts and access compelling content from trailblazers, early adopters and major stakeholders who are developing or deploying the latest digital innovations, data-driven strategies and best practices to overcome challenges around transport and mobility, air quality and emissions, waste management, public realm, water management, energy, healthcare, governance, education, security, buildings, infrastructure and more!
Why not enlist your company or organisation with a “Mover”, “Shaker” or “Disruptor” Directory Package and become a further source of inspiration across the Smart Classes platform. These are truly affordable options for any budget! The Innovator Directory perfectly complements our events channel, bringing many more stakeholders into the vision of Smart Classes vast delegate network.
Published on a bimonthly basis (every 2 months) and distributed to nearly 13,000 opt-in subscribers, Smart Classes Digest is our new thought leadership e-digest and features the very best “Insights” from the Smart Classes Knowledge Base (selected articles, blogs, research and analysis, expert views and case studies); the latest “Retrospectives” from our acclaimed Smart Class Events; “Previews” and “Updates” on future and forthcoming Smart Classes, speakers, keynotes and priority topics; plus innovator and digital deployer “Spotlights”. Sign up for free to receive Smart Classes Digest straight into your inbox!
Digest Sponsorship is semi-exclusive and a genuinely cost effective way to raise your profile as a recognised authority and trailblazer; maximise awareness of your brand, services, solutions and smart credentials; generate leads for sales pipelines; boost registrations to a webinar series; enrol industry professionals for a training course; attract subscribers to a newsletter, e-book, whitepaper or podcast; increase responses to a questionnaire or quantitative research survey; or encourage participation in a collaboration initiative.
Sign up to Smart Classes Digest to receive the latest thought leadership, innovation insights and event updates straight into your inbox.