Check out the latest edition of Smart Classes Digest, our bimonthly thought leadership e-digest for Smart City-Region stakeholders!
Issue #04 “Insights” explore:
- How digital placemaking can play a key role in revolutionising and regenerating our town centres and high streets through their post-pandemic recovery
- Why data and analytics, coupled with location technology, will play a fundamental role in enabling post-COVID city resilience
- Why the greatest impact of e-scooter pilots may be as part of a wider transition towards sustainable mobility that sees integrated active travel complementing and underpinning bus travel
- How autonomous vehicles will eventually provide a genuine alternative to private ownership, unlike the ride hailing services of today
- Why a decrease in global greenhouse gas emissions wasn’t the pandemic’s secret silver lining
- What, as we approach COP26, the three policy scenarios at the core of the ITF Transport Outlook 2021 – combined with the foreseen energy transition – mean for the future of public transport
- The benefits of using 5G in IoT, the challenges facing their convergence and examples of 5G in IoT applications
- What edge computing and smart grids have in common and the benefits of using the former to power the latter
…and blog contributions from our sponsors, Padam Mobility and Jacobs, ask:
- How accessible is public transport in the UK?
- How can the UK rail industry prepare to deliver a net zero ready transport system?
We also keep you updated on our current schedule of Smart Classes (qualifying delegates can REGISTER NOW for a free place!); reveal our TfGM, TfN and Highways England keynotes for TRANSPORT Smart Class, North of England 2021 (Manchester, September 10th); look further ahead to TRANSPORT Smart Class, London & South East England 2021 (London, October 7th), EMISSIONS & AIR QUALITY Smart Class, North 2021 (Leeds, November 11th) and TRANSPORT Smart Class, Scotland 2021 (Edinburgh, December 8th); look back at all of the presentations (including videos, recordings and slides) from EMISSIONS & AIR QUALITY Smart Class, South 2021, which we hosted in London on June 23rd; and place Dsposal, Esri, Leicester City Council/Smart Leicester and Vianova under the “Innovator Spotlight”.
Want to subscribe? If you like what you see, Sign up for free to receive Smart Classes Digest straight into your inbox, every 2 months! Our remaining 2021 editions will be published on October 6th and December 14th.
Interested in sponsoring future Digests? Digest Sponsorship is semi-exclusive and a genuinely cost effective way to raise your profile as a recognised authority and trailblazer; maximise awareness of your brand, services, solutions and smart credentials; generate leads for sales pipelines; boost registrations to a webinar series; enrol industry professionals for a training course; attract subscribers to a newsletter, e-book, whitepaper or podcast; increase responses to a questionnaire or quantitative research survey; or encourage participation in a collaboration initiative. 2021 Smart Classes Digest sponsors also benefit from 12 months exposure on the Smart Classes Innovator Directory at no extra cost!